1/2 (3 pound) whole chicken, deboned and cut into bite size pieces
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
1/4 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
3/4 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup cake flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
1. Coat chicken with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Chill for 4 hours.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together oats, sesame seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, chicken granules, and monosodium glutamate. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine rice flour, cake flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, onion powder, basil, oregano, and chicken stock.
4. Dip the bite size chicken into the chicken stock mixture, and roll in sesame seed mixture.
5. Heat oil to 365 ° F (185° C). Fry the chicken till golden.
Recipe by: Zaleha Haji Abdul Razak.
Soft Pretzels II
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 cup warm water (110 ° F/45 ° C)
1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 ° F/45 ° C)
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon water
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Stir sugar into 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast over top. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir to dissolve yeast.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups warm water, flour, and salt in large bowl. Stir yeast into mixture. Add a bit more flour, if needed, so dough isn't too sticky.
3. Knead for 8 to 10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with tea towel. Let stand in oven
with light on and door closed about 45 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
4. Punch dough down. Roll into log. Mark off into 12 portions, and cut. Roll each portion into 1/2 inch rope. Shape each rope into pretzel form on greased
baking sheets. Beat egg white and 1 teaspoon water with fork in small bowl; brush glaze on pretzels. Sprinkle some pretzels with kosher salt, and some with sesame seeds.
5 .Bake at 450 degrees (230 degrees C) for about 15 minutes. Turn out onto racks to cool.
Recipe by: Anne Williamson
Blueberry or Cherry Dessert
1/2 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
36 graham crackers, crushed
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (21 ounce) cans blueberry pie filling
1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Melt the butter or margarine, and add 1 cup sugar and the graham crackers. Press this mixture into a 9x13 pan.
2. Beat the eggs. Gradually beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla into the eggs.
3. Pour egg and cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust. Bake at 325 ° F (165 ° C) for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
4. Pour blueberry or cherry pie filling over the top of the baked dessert. Spread nondairy whipped topping on top of fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve.