1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 to 1 1/2 cup irish whiskey or canadian rye whiskey
1 cup table cream
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
1. In a mixer beat the eggs,beat in the remaining ingredients until smooth and well blended.
2. Pour into a bottle and cork, store in the refrigerator (this can be stored for up to a month).
3. Serve over Ice or with Coffee or ?
Argentine Chicken Stew (Cazuela Gaucho)
2 chickens, cut up
flour -- for dredging
olive oil -- for sauteeing
3 large carrots, cut into chunks
8 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 lb pumpkins or hubbard squash, peeled,seeded and cut into chunks
2 large parsnips, cut into chunks
3 onions, sliced
1 to 2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon paprika -- preferably Hungarian
1 bay leaves
salt and pepper
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup barley
2 ears corn, sliced into 1 1/2-inch slices
1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
1/2 lb green beans, cut
1 eggs, beaten
1 Heat some oil in a Dutch oven.
2 Dredge the chicken pieces in seasoned flour.
3 Saute the chicken until golden brown on all sides.
4 Remove chicken and set aside.
5 If necessary, add addtional oil to the pan and saute the carrots, parsnips, potatoes and squash until golden brown.
6 Remove vegetables and set aside.
7 Saute onions until limp and translucent.
8 Near the end of the onions'cooking time, add the garlic and paprika and saute 2-3 minutes.
9 Return chicken and sauteed vegetables to the pan.
10 Add bay leaf, white wine, salt and pepper and chicken stock to barely cover the stew.
11 Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
12 Cook for 20 minutes and add barley and corn cob slices.
13 Cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
14 Add green beans and thawed peas and cook for 10 additional minutes.
15 Beat the egg.
16 Add a little of the hot liquid from the pan and beat the egg vigorously.
17 Add the egg to the pot and stir.
18 Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
19 Taste the stew and correct the seasoning, if necessary.
20 Serve the stew in soup plates or deep dinner plates with a rim.
Spinach stuffed Mushrooms
24 large mushrooms, stems removed and stems chopped, set aside
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup onions, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups spinach, finely chopped
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
1. Oil a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp oil and place mushroom caps, face up on it.
2. In a large skillet heat butter and allow to melt.
3. Add Onions and thyme.
4. When onions begin to brown add chopped mushroom stems, spinach and bread crumbs.
5. Continue to cook on medium to high heat until tender and moisture has evaporated approximately 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat add parmesan, salt& pepper, stir well.
7. Stuff each mushroom with filling, use all the filling.
8. Sprinkle remaining oil over the caps.
9. Bake 375° F degrees oven for 15-20 minutes.